365 days of deals and tips completed.


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 92


Having debt is a burden and weighs heavy on your heart and can take over your life. I know... I was there and we were drowning in it. It was all I could think about and ask my husband... cry about. At first I felt like we should deal with this on our own and felt foolish even praying. I did not even know what I was praying for. After all we dug our own hole and we were just living like everyone else, right?....paycheck to paycheck drowning in debt. But of course God knew. I had a lightbulb moment......my dependence on God is more than okay, it is wanted. I realized that EVERYTHING belonged to HIM and we were not honoring Him with our finances. The Lord did not come to save us and make us independent, perfect Christians. Yes he had forgiven me but I knew and know that I still need Him day in and out.
He is there everytime I come to Him, as many times as needed....And let me tell you I am a sinner and come many times.
When it is too much....Surrender it all....After all He is waiting to hear from you :)
"Again, here is what I tell you. Suppose two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for. My Father in heaven will do it for you. Where two or three people meet together in my name, I am there with them." Matthew 18: 19-20

I would be honored to pray for you. If you are struggling leave a comment or email. Lets pray for each other!
I will make a post with everyones name and blog link so we can pray for each other.
I believe in the power of prayer. I don't believe that your debt will magically disappear, but I do believe you will find peace and direction on how to knock it out.
Imagine what the world would look like if everyone honored God with their finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search