365 days of deals and tips completed.


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 141

These are my amazing kiddos. We are teaching them at a young age how to handle money. They are the reason we woke up and decided to no longer live paycheck to paycheck and throw our money away at car payments and who knows what else.
I warms my heart to know that we will leave them an inheritance and have changed our family tree.
In this house there is no allowance. If they want money, they earn money. If they disobey they lose money. Kinda of how the real world works :)
On Mondays we sit down with their charts and add up there commisions and then subtract their fines.
Then they put 10% in their give envelope and 15% in their long term savings bank. The rest is theirs!
I want to equip my children to be good stewards of their finances.

So how do you teach your children about money? I would love to hear.
Financial Peace Jr. for Kids (Ages 3-12)
If you have read this blog for any amount of time you already know I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan. You can click on the picture to see the system we use to teach our kids.
We only bought it because we were able to purchase it a great deal....thanks Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search